[Ti] Battery (again)

Roger Snyder rogersnyder at pobox.com
Fri Dec 20 08:21:54 PST 2002

On 12/1/02 22:18, "Jerry Krinock" wrote:

> on 02/12/01 18:07, Roger Snyder at rogersnyder at pobox.com wrote:
>
>>   Well, my battery life is down to less then 10 minutes. >
>>   The Ti is just under a year old.
>>   Any ideas? I thought of going to the local Apple store, but I can't for
>> a week or two (it is not that local.)
>>
> For heaven's sake, call Apple right away before the warranty expires.  When
> this happened to my battery, they sent me out a replacement.  They required
> me to send them my old battery after I received the new one.
>
> It was no problem!  Just be prepared to spend 20-30 minutes on the phone
> testing as the technician asks you to.
>
> If you don't have AppleCare and don't want to buy it (which you should if
> you use your powerbook a lot), you will have to insist that this is a
> hardware problem to get someone to talk to you.

    This is an older message, but I did get my new battery from Apple. Very
easy on the phone (I had to wait for a little while, but not bad), and the
tech (Ian) I spoke with was very nice.

    All my experiences with Apple have been good (I've gotten what I needed,
and they've been nice about it).

    Battery came next day, conditioned it, and I'm back to 4.5 + hours.
(Yay.)

    The warranty is up in about 4 days, so I'm glad I didn't sit. (Money's
gone tight this year, and while I was planning to do for Applecare, for my
holiday present, it is not in the cards - the kids come first - so I going
to take the gamble.)

    Thanks everyone who helped.

-- Roger

Tangnefedd ar y ddaear