[Ti] Phil's 2002 Moron Of The Year Award

Phillip McGree phil at phil.net.au
Fri Dec 20 22:39:07 PST 2002

Mr Victim just came over and picked up his iMac (ie it's Saturday afternoon here right now).  Turns out that most of his assignments were still on there.

For those that have emailed me asking about the web site to check serial numbers on, it's a confidential dealer only site that Apple Australia has only had running for a few months.  Heck, until a few weeks ago, it was only accessible during business hours so I'm real glad that it was available last night.  Once Mr Moron has been busted, I'll be passing all this onto Apple Australia, which I suspect will then be emailed on to all the resellers.

Mr Moron rang me this morning to see how I'm progressing with setting up the software.  I told him that the hard drive is making some strange noises and I'll get back to him this afternoon.  The police officer that has been handling the house burglary case isn't back at work until Monday, so I'm going to tell Mr Moron that I've taken the iMac somewhere to get the hard drive replaced, and will have it back on Monday for him.  That way I've got a very unsuspecting Mr Moron waiting in limbo until the relevant cop can get involved.  One can only wonder just how stupid this twit is going to feel when he finally gets arrested.

Mr Moron was also asking me yesterday about digital cameras, saying that he's got one but can't remember what model it is.   It occurred to me late last night that if a person has actually bought an expensive camera, then he's doing to at least know what model it is.  Thus, I am assuming that Mr Moron has at least also got a stolen digital camera in his possession.  Oh goody.

Now... is it just me or can I hear the Jaws theme playing quietly in the background somewhere?

Phil

Mobile Phone: 0418 922 500		Email: 	phil at phil.net.au
Macs for sale - new and secondhand		http://mac.iinet.net.au