[Ti] Battery Life

Glenn L. Austin glenn at austin-home.com
Fri Dec 20 23:54:43 PST 2002

on 12/20/2002 3:27 PM, Luke Mazzeri at etyrnal at ameritech.net wrote:

> I did a poll on the mac-l list asking about people various
> 'configurations' and the average and maximum battery life that they
> were achieving and i don't recall hearing anything above a 2.5 hour
> average...  Since day one my TiBook never achieved more than 2.75
> hours...  and i normally get two...  Seems that 5 hours can only be
> accomplished w/ two batteries...

Well, you obviously never talked to me -- by turning down the backlight to 1
(and off when it's not needed), spinning down the hard drive, and making
sure that networking (a BIG power sucker) was disabled, I've gotten between
5 and 6 hours out of my PBG4-500 w/512MB RAM (running 9).

I've gotten over 8 hours doing similar things with a PBG3.

It's all about power consumption -- making sure that the hard drive doesn't
spin up (*very* difficult with X) and that everything else that could suck
power is turned off.

--
Glenn L. Austin <><
Computer Wizard and Race Car Driver