Dazzle Hollywood ?

Paul Russell prussell at arc-software.com
Sat Dec 21 07:25:32 PST 2002

Does anyone have any experiences, positive or otherwise, of pulling
analogue video onto their TiBook for editing and making VCD's and/or
DVD's ?

I'm looking at the Hollywood product from Dazzle, at $300, which
converts analogue to FireWire. This seems to be marketed mainly as a
PC prodduct and Mac OS info on their WWW site is less than helpful.
It looks like the perfect solution but has anyone here used this
successfully with a TiBook, Mac OS X and iMovie, I wonder ?

Are there any other similar products, either analogue to FireWire or
perhaps a PCMCIA analogue video capture card, which I should know
about ?

Thanks,

Paul