[Ti] MY NEW SCREEN!

Tony Jayms tonyjayms at tonyjayms.com
Sat Dec 21 09:36:00 PST 2002

At 10:03 -0700 21/12/02, Sam Hotchkiss wrote:
>I called, and was immediately escalated up to a senior tech.  She promised
>me up down and sideways that they would take care of this, however, because
>of the season, it would probably take 2-3 weeks.  She's emailing the
>engineering department to see if they want my computer, in order to check
>out the weakness, if they do, then they'll replace it, if not, then they'll
>just fix the screen.  Either way, since both their repair and replacement
>facilities are going to be closed for the better part of next week, they
>won't have me send my computer until the end of next week.  Bah.  Oh well,
>It's better than 2 months

Well I am suitably impressed and a little surprised at Apple's take
on it. Maybe they are now beginning to see there is a fault in their
design after all.

Maybe it also depends upon where you are based and which number you call.

After one month I did receive the TiBoo back ... although absolutely
nothing had been done to it!

Out it went again the next day and a month later back good as new!

In between I also received another shipping box (empty!). And the day
prior to it eventually returning I was on the verge of getting a new
machine :-(
--
Salutations
The Modern Gent