[Ti] Battery Life

Victor Eijkhout eijkhout at cs.utk.edu
Sat Dec 21 17:46:24 PST 2002

>Well, you obviously never talked to me -- by turning down the backlight to 1
>(and off when it's not needed), spinning down the hard drive, and making
>sure that networking (a BIG power sucker) was disabled, I've gotten between
>5 and 6 hours out of my PBG4-500 w/512MB RAM (running 9).

Can you do that with X? I don't know how to spin down the drive,and
can you do more than turning Airport off? I get about 3 hours if I do
moderate work while playing mp3s, and backlight on lowest setting.

--
Victor Eijkhout <eijkhout at cs.utk.edu>
tel: 865 974 9308 (W), 865 673 6998 (H), 865 974 8296 (F)