[Ti] Battery Life (slightly O/T)

Dennis Fazio dfz at mac.com
Sun Dec 22 10:58:03 PST 2002

--On Saturday, December 21, 2002 12:45 AM -0800 Pat Hurley <hurls at mac.com>
wrote:

> I get something near 3 hours on my Dell C600 running Win2k,  with an
> Orinoco Silver WaveLAN card running -- my ti 400 (which is nearing it's
> 2nd birthday) is down under 2 hours w/ the airport running.....  Man I
> hate the fact that the windows laptop lasts longer ;)

It's not the age of the computer, it's the age of the battery that matters,
along with its original rated capacity along with its number of
discharge/charge cycles. I assume both of these batteries have identical
ratings and have run through the same number of charge/discharge cycles and
that each discharge quantity averaged about the same. Otherwise, you can't
really make a comparison on how long different machines can run on battery.
--
Dennis Fazio
dfz at mac.com