[Ti] MY NEW SCREEN!

Luke Mazzeri etyrnal at ameritech.net
Sun Dec 22 17:01:00 PST 2002

On Saturday, December 21, 2002, at 02:53  PM, Tony Jayms wrote:

> Yes! I put mine to sleep and when I opened it up it skewed off and
> snapped at the top right (by the power in jack) hinge. It was held by
> the wire that runs through the hinge and I thought I would get away
> with it ... for a while! Next day opened up the screen and arcing was
> originating from the cables as they tried to make the connection. With
> no back light on the screen I had to shine a torch at the screen to
> enable me to see in order to back everything up.
>
> It really was not a lot of help being told on the phone to hook up to
> another computer to use as a Target disk at a time like this ;-)
>
> After getting my TiBoo back I now ensure that I am extra-extra careful
> when opening it and I cannot stress how many pairs of kid gloves you
> need to be wearing.
>
> I won't mention the time the return took either! :-)

TiBooks really do seem to be FRAGILE.  If i dropped a thinkpad i would
hardly cringe...  if i dropped a powerbook, i'd quickly close my eyes
and plug my ears before it hit the ground...  then i'd turn around
without looking and just walk away...  =)

---
http://www.mp3.com/lukeetyrnal   (music no one likes)
etyrnal at ameritech.net