Mobility Electronics T35 & Mac OS X 10.2.3

Brian A. Rein maclists at rein.org
Wed Dec 25 16:28:10 PST 2002

I have a Mobility Electronics T35 connected to my PowerBook Ti G4/667
Running 10.2.3 with 1 GB memory.

The T35 adds three PCI slots and two USB channels. It also has a dual
channel IDE controller on board that the PowerBook does not recognize.

I have an UltaTek 66 with two 60 GB and one 30 GB drive in one slot &
an ATI Radeon 7000 Mac edition with two LCD monitors installed in another.

All works well with the following exceptions:

    1. Installation of ANY video card in the expansion chassis causes
        all menu extras to disappear. Upon wake from sleep they reappear.
        Do a safe boot and they are fine. This was tested with a clean
        install of 10.2 upgraded to 10.2.3 (no third party extensions).

    2. Access times of the disks attached to the UltraTek 66 are drastically
        reduced if anything is displayed on the monitors attached to the
        Radeon 7000. Hide the windows of applications displaying through
        the radeon and access times are back to normal.

Any ideas how to eliminate these two problems ?

Any help appreciated,
Brian