[Ti] TiBook and external monitor

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Fri Dec 27 11:40:05 PST 2002

On  Thu, 26 Dec 2002 10:07:32 -0500 Chris Malanga
<tibook at chrismalanga.fastmail.fm> wrote:

> My question - is there anything I should be wary of when doing this?  I
> would use my computer about 8 hours per day running email, web, Word
> and Excel, and sometimes PageMaker and Photoshop.  It's been on for an
> hour or so now, and the fan's only kicked in once, and that was after a
> couple of restarts.

I have been using this same setup for about a year now with no problems. I
just acquired a 1 ghz Powerbook and it shows no problems at all. I have the
Powerbook sitting on a Podium CoolPad and it stays as cool or perhaps a bit
cooler than it gets when I use the Powerbook open with the LCD display on
(which to me implies that the built in display circuitry gives out much of
the heat.)

I do have a small portable fan that is sitting behind the Powerbook and is
pointed at the rear vent holes. If I suspect that the temperature is rising
(the fans start up) I will switch on the little bugger and it cools the
Powerbook down very quickly.

I wouldn't want it any other way.

jg