[Ti] VPC 6 upgrade

~flipper flipper at macsrule.com
Fri Dec 27 16:11:44 PST 2002

MKastner offered:

>The notice Connectix sent excluded any mention of requirements. The
>delivered package definitively says 500Mhz requisite. I have a
>G4/400 and will be needing VPC early in the new year.
>
>So I'd like to borrow from anyone who has upgraded VPC to 6 and is
>using a G4/400.
>
>I hate having to fire up OS9 everytime for VPC 5 but if VPC
>absolutely positively needs the power, it looks like I'll be staying
>with VPC 5 for a little while longer.

VPC 6 has the full drag and drop, shared folders with OSX deal
happening. I'm running it on a T-Book [667] and it's a little slower
runnng XP Pro, than 5 was, running 2000 Pro, but the drag and drop
and other features make it want to gobble up memory, and use a good
chunk of a 667 Mhz processor, also. I imagine there'd be some
'strain' evident on a slower processor.

Brian S