[Ti] Protecting your Data

Kynan Shook kshook at mac.com
Mon Dec 30 16:49:39 PST 2002

Hmmm...  That's an interesting idea!
The only problem; your data isn't secure to anybody with a MacOS X
install disk who knows how to use the Reset Admin Password thing, is
it?  They could reset your password, and the encrypted volume would
still open with the newly reset password when the same user logs in.
But a great idea for cases where physical access to the machine is
restricted and you want to get a little extra security...

Personally, I think it's a GOOD thing that it's not totally secure; I
work in computer repair and we'd probably end up seeing a few people
with forgotten passwords wanting us to attempt data recovery.

Neil Cadsawan <rainer3 at mac.com> writes:
> This is actually something that is covered in the new Mac OS X
> Administration and Integration sysadmin technical training course from
> Apple that will be going live in January. As the author of that section
> of the course, let me give you a bare bones outline here.

Kynan Shook
kshook at mac.com
http://homepage.mac.com/kshook/index.html