[Ti] TiBook issues? (First post!)

Colin McDonald cmmcdonald at mac.com
Sat Nov 23 14:56:42 PST 2002

 Hi and welcome Andy (a fellow Brit?)

on 23/11/02 21:13, Andy Axton at andy.news at blueyonder.co.uk wrote:

> Any rough ideas on average "dead pixel" counts for recent-model TiBooks?

Zero on my 667 (Jan 02) and generally low for that vintage I believe.

Do you have 'LCD test' - it was on MacFormat 113 (It is only 324K -
emailable if you want it). That shows up any probs right away.

> Do you guys have any good recommendations/tips for preventing potential
> common cosmetic (or other significant) TiBook issues?

Keep it in a good quality bag/case. (I use a Kensington Saddlebag now, after
a cheaper one caused some minor damage).

> Is there anything like an official-but-secret (or just plain official)
> Apple "fix list" or any other source for finding out about actual
> product revision improvements? (It would be nice to know about these
> things before you buy, right?!)

Pass.

> Sorry for jumping in with all these queries; it would've been polite of
> me to hold off and settle in here first, but ... I couldn't help myself
> :)
>
> Thanks!!
>
> Andy

> England, UK