[Ti] Ti Paint Repair

Peter Bell macbantam at mac.com
Sun Nov 24 02:20:24 PST 2002

Hi.

I have a question for you...

Is there ANYONE out there who HAS NOT suffered from the paint flaking
problems which are on this list everyday?

The reason I ask is because my TiBook is around a year old and I am
wondering if it's feasibly possible to get by WITHOUT AppleCare, as I
have recently become unemployed and can't really afford it.

Given that we human beings only really make a fuss when there's
something to complain about, and God knows there has been DOZENS of
paint problem emails on this list in the past few weeks, I need to know
if there are people out there who have *NOT* suffered the problem, and
don't think they are likely to; or is this an INEVITABLE consequence of
owning these wonderful (but flawed) laptops?

In other words, what are the chances I will suffer from this? I am
trying to weigh up whether I can chance going without AppleCare, or do
I have to sell one the kids to afford it?!  ;-)

PeteBell, UK