[Ti] Ti Paint Repair

coccolithophorid at earthlink.net coccolithophorid at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 24 12:20:23 PST 2002

No paint flaking here, wear on the case above the cd insert hole yes (I
use the up and down arrows a lot) but no flaking. I would try and get
the apple care unless you feel that you are capable of doing major
surgery on the TiBook. Maybe there is something you could sell on ebay,
whenever I need some quick cash I can always find something to sell on
ebay.

peace,
Kevin
TiBook 500

Hi.

I have a question for you...

Is there ANYONE out there who HAS NOT suffered from the paint flaking
problems which are on this list everyday?

The reason I ask is because my TiBook is around a year old and I am
wondering if it's feasibly possible to get by WITHOUT AppleCare, as I
have recently become unemployed and can't really afford it.

Given that we human beings only really make a fuss when there's
something to complain about, and God knows there has been DOZENS of
paint problem emails on this list in the past few weeks, I need to know
if there are people out there who have *NOT* suffered the problem, and
don't think they are likely to; or is this an INEVITABLE consequence of
owning these wonderful (but flawed) laptops?

In other words, what are the chances I will suffer from this? I am
trying to weigh up whether I can chance going without AppleCare, or do
I have to sell one the kids to afford it?!  ;-)

PeteBell, UK