[Ti] Ti 400/500 vs. 550/667 - Memory BANDWIDTH difference!?

Loren Schooley loren at flash.net
Sun Nov 24 17:37:34 PST 2002

rev a rev b and rev c. With the a to b revision came a generous power
boost.
The rev b is more like a c than an a, especially the 133mhz models. The
new L3 thing is a tiny bonus in some situations, mainly on the new
software developed with it written in, which there will be more of in
the future.

One thing is for sure, faster is always better, in some ways--L3 cache
is faster--but the overall L3 process is slower than L2 and yet more
slow than L1. L3 may not be needed as much in single user mode, but for
a 24/7 server, or multi-app project, L3 will benefit performance, in
some way. Speaking of memory: tuning and precise type of RAM counts, and
maximum amount supported is the general rule when determining your RAM
size requirements. A 550mhz runs the way it is supposed to with 1gig
RAM.

Loren