[Ti] Audio Line In

Dennis Fazio dfz at mac.com
Mon Nov 25 19:22:24 PST 2002

--On Mon, Nov 25, 2002 at 11:42:52AM +0000, Chris Parker wrote:
> Up until now I've been importing old audio tapes via a cassette
> recorder and a Griffin iMic. Now my new PB/1GHz has arrived (!) I see
> it has an audio line in port. Can I connect the cassette recorder to
> this port or should I continue to use the iMic? (Or is there a better
> way?)

You can go directly into the audio line in port. You can also use the iMic
into your USB port. You should be able to switch between them pretty easily
with the sound preferences panel.

If you bought Toast, you can use Roxio CD Spin Doctor to record, as pointed
out previously (Classic version only), or you can use Griffin's FinalVinyl,
available on their web site (OS X native).  I think it only works with the
Griffin iMic though.

A good feature with FinalVinyl, is the ability to place cue marks to
delineate tracks while recording, allowing you to save them as separate
AIFF files--an indispensible feature when recording LPs or cassette albums.

--
Dennis Fazio
dfz at mac.com