Upgrade to Jaguar

Jay Friedland ajax11 at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 26 15:36:13 PST 2002

Not sure if this scenario has been addressed. Direct me if it has.

I'm planning to upgrade but my main concern is in using standard
applications, such as Office, filemaker, i-net, etc. to be able to continue
working should the install hit any snags (i.e., I'm nervous). I am using a
Titanium PB 400 Mhz, with 640 MB memory and 10GB HD, with an external 10 GB
USB and a 40 GB Firewire Pocket Drives.

I was planning to load Classic on the Firewire drive and OS 10 on the Ti. As
the FW drive powers off the Ti, I could travel with both and eventually drop
Classic without having to reformat the Ti drive. Is this the best strategy?
I'm cautious, but don't want to be over-cautious or create other problems
accessing Classic.

What other considerations do I face? I would like to do this install over
T-day weekend for safety.

Thank you for any guidance in this changeover.