[Ti] Suddenly, all was quiet

Gerry Orkin gerryo at bigpond.net.au
Thu Nov 28 15:30:56 PST 2002

Cyn <flanders1 at charter.net> wrote:

> I am interested in hearing more on this as I am considering a new
> TiBook. What is with the fans?????

There are reports that they tend to be on all the time or are louder
than they should be. There is a thread about this on the Apple Support
discussion boards.

> Keeping this on topic so that I don't get into too much trouble....Do
> you think they will change the form factor of the TiBooks soon? The
> minute I buy one, they go and change things so that I want the newer
> one.

Yes they will. By this time next year they'll be different. I have no
inside information, it's just common sense. I average 2.5 years between
upgrades. These days it's purely self-indulgent, since I don't need to
be on the edge to make my living (I used to design educational
CD-ROMs). It feels like this machine will meet my needs for at least
that long - I know techno-lust can be hard to resist, but try to be a
bit objective about all this :)

Gerry