[Ti] Ti competing with other non-mac laptops

Michael Bigley wakinyan at fuse.net
Fri Nov 29 06:33:39 PST 2002

>If my colleagues insist on the PC route, what is the
>closest/comparable laptop to a Ti-book?

First, overcome the "megahertz myth". In comparing Intel to Apple, it
is more accurate to double the Mac megahertz.  I think searching for
megahertz myth would reveal data to back this up (Apple did a whole
bit on it, which was picked up by some other chip makers, I believe).

>It is the price (I can get a PC laptop for $1100!) that draws them to
>the OC route, although I suspect that they are comparing Oranges with
>Apples.

iBooks are about that price now... if it is cost vs features/power,
then that would be the way to go. Depending on what they want to do,
that may be plenty of horsepower as well.

--
       http://www.norbertrunning.com