[Ti] Wi-Fi technology

Michael Bigley wakinyan at fuse.net
Fri Nov 29 07:45:13 PST 2002

>"Apple Computer Inc. made one of the earliest bets on consumer
>adoption of the technology, equipping their laptops with Wi-Fi
>technology in 1999."
>
>Is it on our Ti's, and if so how do we use it?

That would be the Airport card; some Ti's had it pre-installed, but
all have a port for it; cards are about $100. There are third party
PCMCIA cards as well, but may require drivers.

Checking your system profiler should reveal if you have a card
pre-installed. If so, then you need a wireless router or another
Airport enabled computer to make it work. Or you can check out
something like this:
http://www.warchalking.org/
DISCLAIMER: there is considerable debate about the ethics and
legality of using someone's wireless network without their
permission, as well as letting others use your wireless connection.
--
       http://www.norbertrunning.com