Of interest

H. Peet Foster HPeetFoster-Design at snet.net
Fri Nov 29 23:09:48 PST 2002

Well, I dropped my powerbook, screen open, and it landed corner first
right next to the CD drive.  There were a few cracks there already
where I had been spreading the drive opening to encourage Cd's to come
out, but the entire light grey trim from the right corner to the latch
lock cracked and popped off.  Bummer!  However the hard drive (which
was spinning at the time) took no damage whatsoever (amazing!) the
screen is fine (astonishing!) and the computer seems to run just fine
(remarkable) although it is slicing up my right wrist even as I type
this now.

A few interesting observations:

1).  I no longer have any problems whatsoever ejecting CD's.  This is a
first on this 500 Tibook.

2).  It runs considerably cooler with the extra ventilation, naturally.

3).  I now get four bars of Airport reception in areas where I used to
get one to two bars.  This says to me that the airport antenna on the
Tibooks are definitively affected by the titanium shell of the case.

Now, I am not suggesting that everybody on the list with wireless
reception issues go run out and start removing the light grey border...
Oh well, it's off to Apple for a new case.  Maybe this is a good time
to stick in that 60gig fluid bearing IBM drive that everyone is raving
about.

Peet

H. Peet Foster-Design
32 Bramble lane