Slide scanner recommendation and more on Willow Design cases

William Barnes wcbarnes at telus.net
Sat Nov 30 09:53:08 PST 2002

On Friday, 29 Nov 2002 Murray E Milligan  <railfan at escape.ca> wrote:

> I'm looking for OS X friendly scanner. It must have the ability to
> scan 35
> mm film and slides.

I have, and am very happy with, a Nikon Coolscan LS4000ED scanner. It
works well with 35 mm negatives, both black and white, and color, as
well as mounted slides. The OS X driver software, version 3.1.4, was
just made available, and can be downloaded from
<http://www.nikontechusa.com>. The only problem is that the wonderful
software, Digital ICE, that comes with the scanner cannot be used with
black and white negatives or Kodachrome slides. Works well with color
negs and other types of slides, however.

With regard to Willow Design Ti-book cases, I e-mailed them yesterday,
jokingly complaining that I was devastated at having purchased the case
for my Ti-book just 3 weeks ago and now find they are on sale. They
e-mailed me right back, saying they had given me a refund on my Visa.
Now that's service! I find Willow Design to be first class on all
accounts <http://www.willow-design.com>.

Thanks,

William