[Ti] Brenthaven Cases

Robert Nicholson robert at elastica.com
Sat Nov 30 20:14:00 PST 2002

Well if we're describing favourites then I use a Tom Bihn  Brainbag. I
bought this bag
when I owned an a21p thinkpad (9lbs) and at that time also invested in
the "lap dog" which
is the protective pouch for the computer. I still have that pouch and I
also have the pouch
for the Tibook. The bag lets you securely fasten the pouches into the
bag.

This bag has been to Thailand about 3 times, England 2 times and the US
2 times. It's the ultimate in travel comfort for my computer equipment.

It's not an every day bag per-se because it's a little too rugged for
that but it's good for travelling.

When I use to have my Canon EOS D30, Flash etc and the A21p this bag
would regularly carry around 20kg's of gear so I added two Domke
Postman pads and put one on each of the shoulder straps.

These days though this bag is just carrying my Tibook and small
electrical items so it's overkill for my needs today but after 3 years
owning this bag and many trips it shows no signs of wear whatsoever.

What surprised me the most was the strength of the shoulder straps in
particular. They've never shown any signs of coming away from the bag
itself.

This is one piece of equpiment where "Made in USA" really has some
meaning. (Note: I'm British and Australian)