powered pcmcia firewire card

Corey Knafelz ck at fuzzylogical.com
Tue Apr 1 15:46:08 PST 2003

Because the built-in firewire port on my PowerBook has ceased to work, I
recently added a Century Global FireWire CardBus Card to operate firewire
devices. The card works flawlessly, however, it has no power and only works
with self-powered devices, so, I need to use a self-powered device (firewire
hard drive) first in the chain. This  "works" at home, but not on the road. Does
anyone know of another solution that would allow me to use my existing bus
powered peripherals without replacing the logic board itself?

Shoulda bought the AppleCare...  <self>kick</self>

Thanks,

ck at fuzzylogical.com
http://www.fuzzylogical.com/