black gunk on tibook screen / startup chime

GUY K yugyug at mail.com
Wed Apr 2 17:08:30 PST 2003

hi

back on the list after sometime away. I hope this issue hasn't been covered
recently.
My tibook screen has developed some black gunk on its screen, no doubt from the
keyboard, that is impossible to remove with ordinary cleaners (I don't want to melt
the screen here...) I use a piece of paper religiously now when I close the screen
but does anyone know how I can get rid of it ?
Also...a bit of the subject for this list but....  I have been trying to replace/remove the
apple startup chime. I have tried applescript on os9 to semi-succesfully control the
tibook vol. but is there a better way in OSX?

thanks

- guy

yugyug at mail.com