another VPC nightmare brewing

b galahad9 at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 2 17:52:08 PST 2003

hello,

It's me, the happy Apple user, VPC guinea pig. I upgraded fromVPC
5.0.4 to VPC 6, to 6.0.1, loaded the additions, booted my Win2kPro
PC, closed it, booted my XP Pro image..... same deal, the "Shared
Network" prefs in both configs, are showing a choice between 'Virtual
Switch" and "Shared Network"... neither of which is relevant or will
allow my apps to connect over TCP/IP to the Net.

What the devil is up with that? VPC 5.0.4 launched, the first time,
with Shared Sockets" as the bloody default in the same preferences...
and worked fine over TCP/IP, using all ports, UDP, TCP, whatever...
and now this???

Microsoft hasn't had Connectix long enough to screw it up this bad,
at least not yet, so where did socket sharing disappear to?
desperate over here, as i have been down this path before, and right
now I'm looking at trashing VPCs 5 and 6, plus, both Drive Images,
and starting from scratch... ugly stuff.

All I wanted was the VRAM settings that are available in VPC 6, and
better sppeed, but this is nuts.... Any real help will be
appreciated. Thank you

~flipper