[Ti] Bluetooth (And a little 17")

Fred fred at mindstate.com
Wed Apr 2 21:28:27 PST 2003

On 2.4.2003 14:43, "Alexandre Kapellos" <a.kapellos at bluewin.ch> wrote:

>> So, my question is: is anyone on this list using bluetooth devices
>> OTHER than phones and PDAs?  What do you use it for?  Anyone have a
>> really neat bluetooth mouse or anything else that they love?
>>

> If I'm not mistaken, both HP and Epson have announced bluetooth
> printers, and Micro$oft has a bluetooth mouse out.

But the Microsoft Bluetooth Bluetooth mouse will only work with Win XP...to
quote an earlier post I made from my experience:

Actually Microsoft's Bluetooth Mouse, in its current version, will not work
with anything but Win XP.  I actually bought one, and tried it.  I was able
to see it in the Bluetooth panel momentarily, but then it could not assign a
passkey for the Bluetooth to the mouse.  It is not built to do this, and
will not work.  Their mouse has no was to store the passkey, like a phone
does.  I tried several workarounds, even tried a call to MS tech support,
and they insisted that it would not work, but thought it was cool I tried.
They stated that is was only designed to work with Win XP.  So I returned
it.  They stated that soon there would be a mouse coming out that would be
compatible with other systems, including OSX but did not know a timetable.
There are other companies that are producing Bluetooth mice, etc...and some
maybe compatible with OSX upon their release.  Not sure on this...but I
would think that at some point in the near future, that there will be
several options available for OSX.   For the moment though, the MS mouse
will not work.

Hope that will help with the mouse issue for now...
Cheers
FRED