[Ti] Undeletable folder Update >>> impossible so far

Sherman Gregory sherman at qualcomm.com
Thu Apr 3 17:53:43 PST 2003

At 8:37 PM -0500 4/3/03, Gary Keller wrote:
>Well I tried Cocktail, and another program, DeleteIt! and they
>return the dialog that the folder cannot be deleted.
>
>It was a folder that was originally copied from a target disk mode
>transfer from my old Wallstreet PB. It is now empty and refuses to
>be deleted.
>
>"DeleteIt!" gave a dialog box that says "loging in as root user
>might help." But I am administrator, isn't that the same thing?

No, administrator and root are not the same thing.  If you are
administrator, you can sudo from the command line which allows you to
run commands as root.  Unlocking with the little loc icon on various
installers and such does something similar.

Root access is disabled by default, but as an administrator you can
enable it with NetInfo Manager.  Once you do that, you can log in as
root and use the finder and everything else as root.  That is truly
all powerful.  Almost anyway.  You still don't have power over
software bugs.

      Sherman