[Ti] Updated 15" books? Some wacky rumors !

Obrecht, Jerry A Jerry.A.Obrecht at mdnt.com
Fri Apr 4 07:32:56 PST 2003

>  Anyone willing to give me
>the Cliff's Notes Version?

Apple sits on its release schedule like no other company. Last MW
should give you an indication how no expert came even close to
guessing what was going to be released. The Luxo iMac was leaked the
morning of its announcement (Time Magazine Canada had it on its web
site), and that was a highly exceptional accident.

I share your probably frustration: it makes sense that the 15" is
going to be updated, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if it wasn't
for a while. Right now I need something faster than this 500MHz ti,
but the 17" is too big for me, and I don't want to buy a GHz ti if
something more up-to-date will appear next month.

But there is no choice but to wait.
Gotta chime in with the latest rumors reports...
Namely, MacOSRumors http://www.macosrumors.com/ the other day was reporting the rumor, or was it O'Grady's Power Page http://www.powerpage.org/ , or they were reporting on rumors being reported on by others (get my drift!?), that the 15" AlBook was due out in 30 days after existing supplies of the TiBook dwindle down (this actually makes sense).  They also were reporting the reports of rumors sites who were reporting the leaks of logic board manufacturers, or was it the leaks of the 15" AlBook manufacturer (?) ( I doubt even the venerable Perry Mason, were he still around, could sort out this set of jumbled evidence, falsehoods, and intrigue), was intimating that the 15" AlBook would sport the IBM 970 super-processor !!!  Then of course there is today's rumor that the next release of the 17" AlBook would sport dual processors!!

Almost as wacky as a Monty Python show.  But really fun to watch the happenings.

Jerry