Question about Superdrive firmware

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Sun Apr 6 14:27:23 PDT 2003

I see that Apple just released a firmware update for Superdrives in 12" and
17" Powerbooks that allow them to write DVD disks at 2x and 4x. Left out is
the 15" Powerbook equipped with the Superdrive, even though Apple says that
it is for current Powerbooks (the last time I checked, 1 Ghz 15" Powerbooks
are still considered current). Adding to the frustration is the fact that
the drives are exactly the same for the 15" and 17" Powerbooks.

Anybody have any insight into this apparent snub?

jg