[Ti] I need help!!!

Michael Bigley wakinyan at fuse.net
Sun Apr 6 14:49:28 PDT 2003

>I was working all this morning no problem. I left for 20 minutes to
>take the dog for a walk and I come back to my powerbook G4 shut
>down. The caps lock and the num lock leds are lit up and will not
>turn off. I can not power my machine up at all. The machine had a
>full battery and was plugged into the power supply while I was gone.
>Anyone have an idea of what could have happened. I have unplugged
>the machine from the power supply  and removed the battery. Tried to
>power up with only the battery and only the power supply. The leds
>are still lit up . The num lock flickers when plugged into the power
>supply. I have tried resetting the computer. Everything. I am at a
>loss. I would greatly appreciate any help anyone can give me. I am
>lost without this machine.

Go to Apple Tech Library and search for Article 14449, which will
have the details of resetting the power manager for your particular
Powerbook. If this doesn't work, I would try a new power supply, if
that is a relatively easy alternative:

- borrow one from a friend or other computer, or

- take your laptop to an Apple Store; they usually have spare power
supplies for testing at the Genius bar.

If the power supply died, it would have run your battery down, hence
no ability to power up...

If all else fails, you hopefully have AppleCare.
--
       http://www.norbertrunning.com