Backlight gone (was: [Ti] Backlight not coming on...)

Daniel Borge dani at borgepalace.com
Mon Apr 7 08:50:38 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, December 31, 1969, at 06:55  PM, Daniel Borge wrote:

> Woke up this morning, opened my Ti800 from its sleep, and there was no
> backlight on the screen.
> I can see the desktop barely, but only if I am in good room light. The
> backlight does not seem to work...

Thanks for those of you who wrote to me with problem solutions, seems like
it's a bad backlight, and it have to go to Holland to be fixed. Thought
those things could be fixed easily...

The problem is that this Ti800 was bought back home in Norway, and the
first-year warranty does not work here in Hungary where I study.
Only solution to the problem: buy AppleCare, ... then another problem comes
up, cannot buy that so easy here down here, so have to order it from
Norway....will take 3-4 weeks to get it....plus 4-5 weeks to get the book
fixed....
I think I will go crazy....

Lesson learnt: ALWAYS buy Apple Care at the time when you buy the product !!

Anyone living in Hungary who can lend me a powerbook for 3 weeks? :)

Daniel Borge
med.stud.
http://www.borgepalace.com