Apple Store Service blows

Christopher Owens cwosigns at mac.com
Mon Apr 7 15:54:02 PDT 2003

Just wanted to vent a little...

Yesterday I purchase a new iMac from the Apple Store at Kenwood Towne
Center in Cincinnati, got it home and found that there was a a pixel
stuck on BRIGHT red near the center of my screen.  I researched Apple's
website and found that it was within spec and Apple gave instructions
on how to massage the screen in hopes that it would unstick.  I tried
all of that, but to no avail.  Having just purchased it yesterday, I
thought I would be able to go in and explain my dissatisfaction and
exchange it--especially since I'm a very regular customer, having
purchased a PowerBook, iBook, iPod, Palm Tungsten | T, Microsoft
Office, digital camera, and various other software and peripherals.

Well...much to my dismay and disgust, they basically said "tough shit."
  Technically I understand that they were correct, but having purchased
so many things there and having waited for them to get stock in when
Microcenter had what I needed in stock, just so that I could purchase
it from Apple and give them the business, I feel like my patronage is
completely unappreciated.  Even after telling them that they didn't
care.  I told them that if I walk out of there unsatisfied, they would
be losing a lot of future business as I would never buy from them
again.  They said it was my call.  So I walked out of there with a
refund (less a 10% restocking fee), a bad taste in my mouth, and then
went to Microcenter to buy my iMac (which is free of dead or stuck
pixels).  The Apple Store will NOT get any of my business ever again.
If I ran my business with their disregard for customer loyalty and
patronage, I wouldn't HAVE a business.  I'm not going to switch to PCs
over this, but I do not support any business that doesn't treat me as
I've treated them.

Chris Owens
Cincinnati, Ohio
(513) 861-3104 home