[Ti] Apple Store Service blows

XXL xxl at mac.com
Mon Apr 7 19:37:24 PDT 2003

> Just wanted to vent a little...
>
> Yesterday I purchase a new iMac from the Apple Store at Kenwood Towne
> Center in Cincinnati, got it home and found that there was a a pixel
> stuck on BRIGHT red near the center of my screen.  I researched Apple's
> website and found that it was within spec and Apple gave instructions
There was a program I remember from year ago that solved this conundrum. It
would make enough pixels go "bad" (actually it just made them appear bad) to
meet  Apples requirements for an exchange.  They you got a trade.

The downside of all this is that replacement LCD's are, apparently, far more
likely to have pixel defects than those installed in production. So you
might be better off with the  one bad pixel you have rather than take a
chance on a screen that has a few more.  (massage often will work even if it
takes a long time.)

Call the Apple district  manager and plead your case. The guys at the Apple
Store really are not in a position to do what you ask.  So please do not
lean on them too much, as they are doing what they are told to do. However
if you have a relationship with any of the guys at the Apple store it would
seem to me that they would try to talk their supervisors into taking care of
it since you are a good customer.

Be reasonable but persistent and I think someone will fix you up. I have
seen a few get all new PowerBooks from Apple at times, so it is not unheard
of.  Bottom line is Apple knows their greatest asset is their customer base
and that should work in your favor.
Good Luck!
-Joel