[Ti] Apple Store Service blows

Jesse Brown jesse.brown at mac.com
Tue Apr 8 06:27:57 PDT 2003

On 4/8/03 2:27, "XXL" <xxl at mac.com> wrote:

> Unfortunately some retail computer personnel seem to have a case of
> arrogance that is stunning.  I have been spoken to as if I was a complete
> moron by a few of them. (And complete morons are rare.)
>
> It is not easy to teach someone in the workplace consideration and manners
> when they are 25 years old if their parents failed at that task when they
> were 4 yours old.

How true. So what the problem really is, is a management problem. Making
informed and judicious hiring decisions and then carefully supervising is a
must. A case in point: walk into any mainstream fast food restaurant and
tell me what kind of indifferent, sullen and incompetent service you get,
especially McDonalds. Then go into an In and Out and see the difference. You
guys on the  west coast know what I'm talking about. It's like night and
day. Only motivated high schoolers and college age kids work there and they
are carefully supervised and paid a little more than the other greasy
spoons. Service is friendly, prompt and efficient. Plus, they make the best
fast food hamburgers and fries on the planet. A double double, fries and a
coke please!

There's no reason Apple Stores and Dealers can't do the same.
--
Jesse

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is in fact the most
precious and valuable possession of mankind." - Theo. Gaza