Apple Store: +Story // Apple Repair: - Story

David Ferleger david at ferleger.com
Tue Apr 8 14:04:59 PDT 2003

Apple Store:  Bought 2 wks ago the Incase Leather Sleeve with shoulder
strap
for the 17" PB. Great looking and feeling bag to carry it to/from work.
Last night,
the zipper stuck, the zipper pull broke as I tried to fix it, and teeth
on zipper got
bent.  Today - with ONE call - Apple Store immediately volunteered to
ship a
NEW BAG immediately, and they don't care what I do with the
brokenzipperedBag.
Derrick at Apple Store, thank you!

Repair: It seemed my new 17" was not recharging the battery, but it
turns out, I've
concluded, that it was likely the extra battery I bought which was the
culprit.
1. The Apple.com support REPAIR STATUS page is hopelessly out of date,
and does NOT give current info. On April 7, it was still giving April 3
info (and wrong info to
boot).
2. Apple put the repair "ON HOLD - AWAITING INFO" (info from me)
without ever
taking initiative to ask me for any more info. Had I not called, they
would not have
acted, it appears.
3. Last Friday (2x) and Saturday, I was told the machine was being sent
back to me.
On Monday, it still had not been sent back. I was then told that the
'escalation'
requests of last week take 24 to 48 hours for someone to read/respond,
but
the weekend doesn't count.  On Monday, first was told machine was "back
in repair"
and not sent back, but a minute later, that it had been shipped. ( I
did receive it
today Tuesday).
4. This is in CONTRAST to prior year's experience where Apple Repair
was GREAT!

David
david at ferleger.com