[Ti] Apple Store Service blows

XXL xxl at mac.com
Tue Apr 8 14:31:53 PDT 2003

I have no problem with that policy, however when a customer is put at great
inconvenience because the Apple Store had no inventory, I think that there
can be some flexibility. It is, after all, their job to maintain inventory.
(Wasn't this one of the problems Apple wanted to solve by opening their own
stores?)  After all, the failure here was Apple Stores in failing to
maintain inventory and the failed component was an Apple component.  So the
responsibility for this incident was totally Apples.  They SHOULD go this
little bit of trouble to take care of the customer.  SO WHAT if they have to
take a new power adapter out of inventory?  Apple Stores have nice margins..
They can afford it.  And there is that $4 billion+ cash reserve, as well,
part of which came out of that customers pocket.. I think  someone can
arrange to keep Apple put of bankruptcy court if they do the right thing by
this customer.