Apple Store Service blows (Cincinnati)

Todd Ingram taingram at cinci.rr.com
Tue Apr 8 20:51:12 PDT 2003

on 4/8/03 8:39 PM, PowerBook G4 Titanium List at
Titanium at lists.themacintoshguy.com wrote:

> On Tuesday, April 8, 2003, at 02:40  PM, Michael Bigley wrote:
>
>> Your experiences sound too familiar to mine and others at the Kenwood
>> (Cincinnati) store for this to be a localized, district manager issue
>> (though contacting them may help Apple in the long run). This is
>> obviously at top-down training (or lack thereof) issue.
>
> Wow. How many Cincinnatians are on this list?

More than I realized... Anyway, regarding Kenwood TC, I can't bash them.  In
fact, they were helpful on my two service-related visits.  I took my ibook
and wife's Ti400 in for problems (broken latch on ibook and Ti failing to
recognize an airport card).  I was waiting at the door when they opened on a
Sunday and genius bar Tim spent well over 30 minutes diagnosing the problem.
I had already done fairly systematic troubleshooting of potential solutions
(all of which he verified).  The airport card problem was/is documented in
the apple tech database (where the next step is replacing the motherboard).
I got an applecare case number assigned, left the Ti, got it back the
following Wed.

I must agree that MicroCenter here is pretty good in terms of mac-related
hardware and if I need anything the same day that's where I go (although I
buy 90+% of my personal and corporate equipment from macmall and the like).

Todd (in Cincinnati)