[Ti] Apple Store Service

Tom R. no spam tr5374 at csc.albany.edu
Wed Apr 9 01:46:56 PDT 2003

I went to the SoHo store a while ago visiting NYC, looking around
to show Macs to friend, clearly not buying.  Played with one of
their several setup digital cameras, took a nice shot of the
interior.  Not familiar with iPhoto, so asked a clerk where on
harddrive file was.  She helpfully went through process for some
minutes; and agreeing it was nice photo agreed to figure out
a way I could email it to myself.  And then dug out where on HD
the email copy was and deleted it for me, without, you know,
like grimacing about me being unfriendly for being picky about
security.  I left the image as Desktop on the iMac (15" stick,
then current model) the camera was attached to, never had a
chance to go back to see how long it lasted, but she gave no
sign of being troubled by me fooling around (maybe not watching
too closely by then?).  I still use the image as one of my
Desktop images.  A pleasant experience for me, and for the
clerk, clearly just customer relations, no likely sale.

On Tue, 8 Apr 2003, Michael Carr wrote:

> While I wasn't overly impressed with the New York store in SoHo,
 . . .