[Ti] Apple Store Service blows

NaegeleWDC at aol.com NaegeleWDC at aol.com
Wed Apr 9 13:07:26 PDT 2003

Sherman Gregory has written:

>>At 9:35 PM -0400 4/8/03, NaegeleWDC at aol.com wrote:

>>  However, their principal role is to sell Apple products and that is
>>what they are doing.
>

>When the guy tells me to leave the display model alone, then walks
away without offering to sell me anything, I question whether or not
the employees understand this role.

>It is really too bad that people in the US have been so conditioned
to accept crappy customer service and crappy products (e.g. Windows).
I try not to be.  I vote with my wallet for good customer service.

All of us do that, Sherman, which is why it took me so long to buy my Ti 800 last May.  I saw the Ti when it was first introduced at Macworld Expo in San Francisco, and wanted to buy one then.  However, I had been burned by Apple with my 5300ce/117, which was the top of the PowerBook line when I purchased it, and was determined never to have it happen again.  Thus, I waited and waited . . .

Finally, after most of the dead pixel, paint bubbling and other issues seemed to die down at this forum and others, I made the plunge.  However, I took a techie-friend with me to check the Ti before any money was paid; and even then, paint bubbling problems showed up, which Apple took care of.

I am impressed with the Apple Stores, as I said before, but I respectfully disagree that "people in the US have been . . . conditioned to accept crappy customer service and crappy products."  Most of us vote with our wallets, and will not put up with lousy products OR service -- from Apple or any other company.  Sometimes I believe that Apple is getting that message; other times I believe Apple is tone deaf, possibly for the reason that Henry Kalir so eloquently described (i.e., "a STABLE majority [of fools/customers] will do").

Tim Naegele

www.naegele.com