[Ti] A shock to the system

Bill Reburn bill at pacificcoast.net
Thu Apr 10 07:53:18 PDT 2003

1)Put one of those old school anti static touch pads next to your gear,
touch it everytime you are about to use your machine.

2)Keep a can of Static Guard with you at all times and spray down yourself
and the entire office and piece of furniture you come in contact with daily.

3)Use an extra sheet of Bounce or whatever laundry fabric softener/static
controller you use.

4)Get a humidifier.

5)Don't drag your feet.

6)I could go on  ;-)

Do we need to be that paranoid of static? I have never heard of a shock
taking down a personal computer, but wouldn't be surprised if something
weird has happened!

Hope that helps a little

On 4/10/03 7:43 AM, "Tarik Bilgin" <tarik at opalblue.com> wrote:

> I'm getting on average 10-15 electric shocks per day in this office, no
> matter which shoes I wear.
>
> I'm getting them off other people, off the coke machine, off computers,
> and (what worries me most) of my Ti and my brand new Momobay.
>
> How do I stop this?
>
> --
> Tarik Bilgin
> Opalblue