[Ti] Steve dissed?/Power Ballad Tribute

Michael Bigley wakinyan at fuse.net
Thu Apr 10 08:32:22 PDT 2003

>>Anyways, the whole point of this letter is really to say, "Woz, even though
>>you are off doing humanitarian and cool geeky modest things... I think you
>>rock hardest of all, now more than ever."  Seriously. You are amazing.
>
>Yeah, I've always had this sense that Woz is a fine bag of bones;
>everything I've ever read about the guy has conveyed his warmth and
>genuine goodheartedness. I'm not one to hero-worship, but if I was,
>Woz would be it :)

I have had the pleasure of hearing Woz speak at an Applesiders
(Cincinnati Mac User Group) convention a few years back. Even
surrounded by hundreds of folks who hold him in near-god status, he
was all that has been described here and more.  He had a great and
gentle way of sliding himself off of our pedestals and become "one of
the folk"... the sort of fellow that one would want to hang around
with as a friend rather than an idol.

Oh, and he is a GREAT story teller! He may not have the "PT Barnum"
of Steve Jobs, but he kept us all laughing, and we all wished that
the convention had allotted more time for him to speak.
--
       http://www.norbertrunning.com