[Ti] who owns the stores?

Tarik Bilgin tarik at opalblue.com
Thu Apr 10 09:58:52 PDT 2003

On Thursday, April 10, 2003, at 05:50  pm,
coccolithophorid at earthlink.net wrote:

> All this talk about the Apple stores makes me feel sure that I've made
> the right decision about not buying tech from a physical store. If I
> walk into an Apple store the employees have no idea what level of
> understanding I have of computers, in my experience, generally store
> clerks that are dealing with tech assume I know very little about
> tech, it will take me seconds to find everything I need to know about
> a specific piece of tech, why would I want to drive to a store and
> deal with a clerk who is worried about me messing up a display? I want
> information, that is what I base my purchases on. Research online,
> Purchase online, Open front door...product handed to me. What more
> could you ask for?
>
> if I am looking into buying a new computer (a notebook for example) I
> want to know several things...
>
> 1) Price
> 2) Technical specifications
> 3) Dimensions
> 4) Weight
> 5) Overall look
>
> Why would one go to a store for this?

because I would never buy a Powerbook with a TFT screen without first
seeing the quality of the TFT (or lack of it) with my own eyes.

I was rather annoyed to walk into a John Lewis department store, who
are one of the few bricks and mortar places in this country with the
new 12 inch (no 17 in sight yet in the UK) Ti, only to find that they
were not able to plug it in for me and the battery had been removed.

I would buy other technologies without seeing them, but not aTi.

--
Tarik Bilgin
Opalblue
tarik at opalblue.com