Wireless Router with File and Print Sharing

H. Peet Foster HPeetFoster-Design at snet.net
Thu Apr 10 12:56:27 PDT 2003

Using the new ABS as a print server is probably the most attractive new
feature, other than price, to anyone with a small network and multiple
users .  (Think here the family situation where there is one wired home
computer running Jaguar with multiple accounts and various wireless
laptops all all sharing a cable/DSL connection and printer).
Otherwise, the machine that is directly connected to the printer must
always be in a 'logged on' state to work as the print server.  This is
also true if you use the computer to receive faxes.

To date, I know of no way to wirelessly connect to the ABS' modem and
use it to fax either in or out.  I realize that faxing is really kind
of dinosaur technology (I rarely use it myself anymore) when compared
to email, but, I still have a few dinosaur clients who insist on faxes,
so it would come in handy once in a while.

How about ABS as a fax server?  Apple are you listening?

Peet