[Ti] "I'm Emptying the Trash now, Dave"

b galahad9 at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 10 17:42:34 PDT 2003

According to Loren Schooley:

>I use locate for some types of searches. ~Quick~.
>And the search window in the respective directories work great (jag+ only)
>
>As far as the sluggishness of OSX, I had that problem. My machine was wading
>through MUD, I was about to trade it for something that performed better,
>like crack, or buy a Dell, or anything that could go plus+ 30 MPH on the
>I-Super-Highway, but, then---- I have just deep zero'd out my HDD, and
>reinstalled. Ahhhhh-a brand new machine! It flies! See, when I upgraded from
>Classic on this HDD, I never Zeroed it, just plain formatted, and then I had
>20 gig of data on a 20gig HDD, and that was two years ago. Now I am fine.

Thanks Loren,

I am basically dreaming of a 120 GB external drive in order to do
just that, alas, I am in the newspaper biz... which, as far as I can
tell, is why one can buy whiskey by the glass. [I don't drink, just a
personal figure of speech]. Zeroing-out my internal drive sounds
terrific....someday.

~flipper