[Ti] "I'm Emptying the Trash now, Dave"

b galahad9 at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 11 05:08:11 PDT 2003

According to David Remahl:

>Lets hope Apple reverses that in Panther and makes Finder a truly
>multi-threaded, multi-user, Services-friendly, integrated Cocoa
>application.
>
>But anyway, why do you care how long time it takes to empty the
>trash? It's a modeless window! You don't need to sit there watching
>the barber pole. You should go do something else and let the system
>get on with it. Being able to multitask in your mind is one of the
>most important steps to using Mac OS X instead of OS 9. In OS 9 we
>got used to sitting silently waiting for Photoshop to launch. Now we
>can use that time to do something half-useful, such as check the
>mail, empty the trash or clean up the desktop!
>
>/ Rgds, David

I hear you on that, re: multitasking. The thing is, being imperfectly
organized, I often find myself dragging to trash, or command-keying
to trash, only to find out the trash is busy. Last time, it was busy
disposing of a 4kb alias. Okay, how many CPU cycles does it take to
release 4kb of allocation? What happened to the terraflops? <laughs.

~flipper