[Ti] DVD don't spit at me...

Lisbeth Zachs zachs at swedenmail.com
Sat Apr 12 05:44:43 PDT 2003

lördagen den 12 april 2003 kl 05.32 skrev Benn:

> Recently the DVD-ROM in my tibook 400 injects the CD, which sits in
> there for several seconds, and eventually spits it back out without
> mounting.
My 400 had similar issues irregular, when fairly new, but I could never
make it repeat the bad behavior when at an Apple service center.
Eventually I got realy annoyed when it happened at a clearly unsuitable
occasion and decided to cause it either to get well or crack it.

I took a firm grip with my thumb on top of the pam rest and my pointing
finger at the bottom of the Ti, aiming as well as possible for the
center of the CD-reader. I heard a clear snap when something sort of
connected correctly (?:-)) and it has worked fine ever since. I have
been slightly more careful on how I grip the Ti-book at that end, so
not to twist it  in any way.  It has however been hauled along in my
backpack and on my bike for over two years now with no more problems.
(knock wood)

Lisbeth in Gothenburg
<http://homepage.mac.com/holisticum/Current_picturers/
PhotoAlbum53.html> Spring 030331