[Ti] "I'm Emptying the Trash now, Dave" - not seen

Michael Bigley wakinyan at fuse.net
Sat Apr 12 11:56:33 PDT 2003

>Strange.  I have all kinds of third-party stuff: QuicKeys, LaunchBar,
>Default Folder, CopyPaste, TinkerTool.  Couldn't live without 'em.  Two days
>and no problems with 10.2.5.  It just worked.

I think Loren's idea of zero all data has merit. I have seen lots of
posts after OS upgrades that report computer-specific problems; if
there are not specific apps or configs that are causing the issues,
it seems that there must be some issues deep within the individual
hardware/software that cause anomalies.

After reading some of the reports on this list, I backed up my
User/Library/Preferences folder, but fortunately had none of the
reported problems. I am sure that is frustrating for folks like
Flipper who, from all accounts manages his OS pretty meticulously.

Also, one of the things I did in the early days of OSX, because I had
no understanding of UNIX permissions, is that I reset the permissions
of a number of folders so I could see and use them... this caused no
end of flakiness in my computer until I did a fresh, clean install
(but did not zero out HD). I suppose Jag's "repair permissions" tool
fixes that sort of foolishness.
--
       http://www.norbertrunning.com