[Ti] Apple Store Service blows

Michael Bigley wakinyan at fuse.net
Sat Apr 12 12:03:57 PDT 2003

>The guy that was awarded $5000 in small claims court simply
>challenged Apple to show any public documentation to the effect of
>the bad pixel specification. Since there was no such documentation,
>the judge ruled against Apple.

When you sell something with a warranty, but do not describe specific
"damage" or "flaws" that are not covered under the warranty, then one
bad pixel means the computer is covered under warranty. If Apple's
warranty stated, "except for pixel flaws that fall under our pixel
policy" then they can either post the policy or mail it to those who
request, etc.

Seems that Apple should have done something like this long ago, as
they are now moving to an entirely LCD line of monitors...
--
       http://www.norbertrunning.com